On Wednesday, January 3, 2018, Bess Auer, the founder of the Florida Blogger & Social Media Conference (FLBlogCon) and the host of Blog Talk TV (Spectrum/Cox) and Smarketing News (WPRK 91.5 FM), spoke at the Winter Park Bloggers and Social Media Meetup in the Casselberry Library.
Bess spoke on how blogging has evolved into full-on content creation. It’s not enough to just be a good writer, but you must be an able photographer, videographer, graphic designer and live streamer. She spoke on how to make 2018 the year that you master these skills by utilizing some easy-to-use apps and gadgets.
She told her story of webcasting with her most recent venture, Florida Swim Network that she recently sold.
- Photography Trends:
● 360° pictures
- Augmented Reality Tools: – Augmented reality is a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are “augmented” by computer-generated or extracted real-world sensory input such as sound, video, graphics, haptics or GPS data.
● Snapseed – Android; App – Snapseed is a photo-editing application produced by Nik Software, a subsidiary of DxO Labs, for iOS and Android that enables users to enhance photos and apply digital filters
● Colorsplash – App Store – iTunes – Apple – Color Splash lets you quickly and easily give photos a dramatic look by converting them to black and white while keeping your chosen details in color. This effect draws the viewer’s’ attention to the colored areas, creating striking images.
● Font Candy – “Font Candy is our typography app of choice” – Wishpond.com. Font Candy puts you in the creator’s chair and allows you to produce custom designs in seconds. Add quotes, artwork, filters, colors, and even layer multiple images! You choose from a curated collection of fonts or add your own to overlay
● LayAR.com – is the global leader in augmented reality and interactive print technology. Print materials spring to life with digital content using the world’s #1 augmented reality app.
- Graphic Design Trends: – infographics get more clicks
● Infogram.com – Make Infographics and Charts that People Love. Join us, Start for Free! 35+ Charts and 500+ Maps · Custom Branded Design · Easy To Use Templates Data Visualizations
● Canva.com – makes design simple for everyone. Create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations
- Video Trends:
● 360° video – 360-degree videos, also known as immersive videos or spherical videos, are video recordings where a view in every direction is recorded at the same time, shot using an omnidirectional camera or a collection of cameras. During playback, the viewer has control of the viewing direction like a panorama.
- Captions Tools:
● Magisto – Turn Long Videos Into Short Fun Clips No Download Needed. Start Now Free! Easy As PowerPoint · Computerized Video Editor.
● ScreenFlow – App – ScreenFlow from Telestream, Inc. is a screencasting and video editing software for the OS X operating system.
● Wevideo.com – a collaborative video editing platform, make and share videos using WeVideo’s cloud-based online video editing software. Available on Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, and Chromebook.
- Live Video Trends:
● More professional broadcasts
● Your own TV station
- Chatting with viewers Tools:
● Makayama mount
● Switcher Studio
● Switchboard Live
- Podcast Trends:
● Snackable lengths
- Create visuals Tools:
● Bossjock Studio
- Alexa Skill Trends:
- IRL Trends:
● Meetup more
● Social Causes
- Brands utilizing Tools:
- FREE MUSIC
● Purple Planet Royalty Free Music – A free collection of royalty free music that can be used for any type of film production or web presentation.
- SlideShare.net – Share, and Present presentations and infographics with the world’s largest professional content sharing community.
- Questions/Connect @Bess_Auer | @FLBlogCon | @Smarketing_News
10% Off our “Launch Your Blog” Course – http://bit.ly/launchblog10
We all thank and appreciate Bess Auer, for her grand contribution and helpful tips.
We look forward to members attending. You never know what you may learn or who you will meet.
A unique happening during this MeetUp was that two of our members who attended were former high school friends and they were able to reconnect after 30 years!